Play a Game with your Dog!
If you’ve been thinking about teaching your dog some scent work games this is a great game to get you started. The only thing you’ll need is some dog treats, and if don’t any on hand you can use some chopped up fruits & veggies or make your own handmade dog treats.
How to Play the Hand Game:
· Place a treat in one of your hands.
· Close your fists and hold them out in front of your dog.
· Let the dog choose which hand it’s in.
· When your dog sniffs or paws the correct hand open it up and give them the treat.
· If he chooses incorrectly don’t discourage him, it takes a few tries to catch on.
· A gentle “touch” command will be helpful.
Tip: Chopped up carrots make excellent treats for scent work games and training. They’re low in calories, easy to prepare, and (most) dogs absolutely love them.